Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Tale

This Thanksgiving Dave's Mom Ann brought over a fresh turkey for us to prepare. Dave and I decided to cook this bad boy breast side down in hopes the white meat would be more moist. Well I can tell you that I will never cook it any other way from now on. It was super moist and tasty. I still don't know if the freshness of the just butchered turkey played the more important part of it or not but the combo was "just right". We stuffed w/a "New England" stuffing receipe that had fresh cranberries, sausage, nuts, and all the other basics and it was wonderful too! So next time you do a turkey, try it our way! You might really like it too!

2 comments:

lindsay said...

I can attest...it was (and leftovers still are) wonderful!

wildmary said...

Mary, didn't you cook your first turkey that way? I don't know why more people don't do that. Dave's was great, too.