Friday, September 11, 2009

L with a capital L


 

After I left home in 1969 I moved to East Lansing. Home of MSU, and my home for the next 3 years. I saw much and "grew up" there. My first job in travel, first time really on my own. I lived with all students in an apartment in Cedar Village for most of my time there. That is where I met my future husband. It was a time of great change in our "times" with riots in the streets and flower power and all that the late '60's stood for. No, I was never a college student but I experienced all of the extra things "they" experienced. I just didn't have to study like I watched them do. Instead ,I learned how to make my way in world. Honed my craft so to speak. Travel would be what I'd do for the next 30 years of my life. It helped support my future family for years to come. I was a good student. I learned everything I could from a master.......Jim Miller. During my years there he was the president of ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents). I was his secretary or in these times "assistant". It enabled me to learn and cull knowledge for my own future as a travel agency owner with my husband. I am proud of the fact that I qualified us for opening and owning our own agency. It sustained us and our children for many years. Sorry that I digress, but many of you may not know all this.
For 25 plus years I was an intregal part of support for my family.
When I look back on the years I spent in East Lansing the greatest blessing I can say I had besides the fact I met Mark is making one of dearest friends I'll ever have in this life. In all the years I've known her, 40........she has never
changed and is one of the steadist rudders in my life. In all that she has accomplished in her own life, being much, she has always remained the very same Lonell I have always known. Not to say she hasn't grown and done much. She just remains the same "true" person she has always been. Of all the people I've known in this life of mine, she has remained the least "affected" by her circumstances. Somehow I know that she will always be one of people I am always the easiest with. That my friends is a "true" friend. Thank you L...............for being my friend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mike Wild said...

what --? no kudos to Perry the Perv Huemantel?