Monday, February 16, 2009

whattizzit?

Well I never cease to amaze even myself in the things I'm drawn to. This is the latest.
Surely someone will recognize just what this is. I was drawn to the warmth of the wood and I could tell it was old and used much and I just
loved the patina and thought it would work somewhere in my living area. I actually think I may mount it over the sliders but just not sure yet. I do know what it is but didn't immediately . Look at it, think about it, then "comment" your guess which you can do anonomusly if u like. It's actually pretty obvious!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

lindsay said...

Is it a seat of some type?

Dave said...

Seat?

Unknown said...

nope

Mrs. Anzalone said...

It's part of a boat, or an airplane.

Also, Isaac saw your pic on the top and I gave him the scoop--now when he sees the 'puter he asks to see "Mary and her baby Dylan."

Dave said...

Does it act as an axle or something?

Unknown said...

offical name? don't know....
look at the top picture and know that it is upside down...turn and place around your neck w/neck in the curved opening and hang your water buckets or baskets of stuff off either end.......think little Chinese guy!

lindsay said...

Ahh ha! I thought it was a seat, the indent being for man-junk!

Dave said...

Oh cool! I think that's called a "yoke". And that's no joke!

wildmary said...

i was going to guess bra for a wooden woman.

Mike Wild said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Mary ! And I have given up guessing what the hour-glass shaped wooden oiece is -- a musical intrument >?>?
Mike