Friday, February 20, 2009

Lifetime friendships



I'm not sure what exactly I'd like to convey here other than the fact I have been blessed in my life with wonderful friends. Not just Bill and Lonell but many others as well. Lonell and I met at the age of 19 and have been close friends ever since.
Bill is one the few men in my life I consider a friend (besides my brothers).
I am going to spend a week or so with them next month at their home in Key Largo.
I treasure this time not just because its warm there and we get to watch NCAA bball.
I treasure it because I get to spend time with them with whom I have shared my life with and me theirs. We have history and so many memories over 40 years. All good.

It's really true you only get to go down this road called life once. I have lucked out in mine. I have wonderful brothers and in-laws and children and I didn't choose any of them. But the people I did get to choose, my friends, I really have been blessed with. Thank you all for taking this journey with me.

No comments: