Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Traditions


One year when I was home for my father's heart attack/bypass I was feeling bad that I wouldn't be there for Xmas and told my Dad so when I visited him in the hospital. It was just he and I there at the time. He told me "Mary, you must start your own traditions" and
then further he said "we aren't going to always be here". He was right. So from then on we four Wild's made it our tradition to fondue on Xmas eve. Shrimp, scallops and filet. It was a good way to have the kids stay at the table for longer than 5 minutes and it was quite the novelty for them as well. We still do it to this day and enjoy the company we happen to have at any given Xmas. The first Xmas Lindsay and Dave had their own home Dave gave Lin a fondue set. I hope when they can they continue this with their own children as well and Matt too when his time comes. Traditions.............they are a good thing!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

wildmary said...

That's a great tradition and glad you're still carrying it on! I like your new digs on "Wildthings"! Nice .

lindsay said...

Yay! Lucky for me Dave loves fondue too!