Monday, June 27, 2011

Still Alice

I've decided to write once in awhile about the books I read in case any of you are big readers.  Everyone likes different types of books so surely not everyone will like what I do.  Nonetheless, reading is something I've always enjoyed and consider a vital part of my life. 
"Still Alice" was an enlightening book for me about a woman who experiences early onset Alzheimer's.  While it was in a way depressing it was just as much uplifting in realizing the strength she drew on from herself, her family, and her life's experience.  It gave insight to what it might be like to experience this type of
dementia.....the disconnection, the letting go of what were her realities and to accept the limitations as they began to accumulate.  Told in the voice of the one going through it.  I enjoyed and learned from it.  That's a good read for me.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Sounds like a book I might like. I'll put it on my list!

wildmary said...

It does sound depressing but it's reality and something we all know we may face some day whether it's us or a loved one. Sounds good.