Thursday, January 7, 2010

Diet One



This may seem hard to believe but I am on the first "diet" of my life at almost 60 years old. All I can say is it's HARD! We (Mark and I) started mid-October and have had a few setbacks we've had no control over or should I say self-control over?
Basically trying to watch fat, carbs, and calorie intake but not a specific diet.
Whew! I don't have to tell anyone who's been on a diet how hard it is I'm sure.
It requires a change in thinking and much self control. Things I have not had to
do much in my life. I've been lucky but my luck has run out. Now I need to get "with it" and change. So far it's been 10 lbs down from 13 lbs. (pre-Xmas) and another 9 to go. Mark refuses to get on the scale since Xmas and he may be smart in that choice. But I figure at the rate I'm going maybe by the time I actually turn
60 I may reach my goal.

1 comment:

wildmary said...

You go, girl! I got complacent and gained back some of the weight I lost 2yrs ago. I'm back on track as of Monday and exercising more enthusiastically. I discovered Jello 60 calorie chocolate mousse to substitute for homemade chocolate fudge. It's all about substitutions for me because I just can't deprive myself completely. Oh, and activity. And we commiserate...