Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BBall



Anyone who really knows me knows that one of things I am most passionate about is Michigan State Spartan Basketball. I love it pure and simple. I enjoy watching basketball because I understand it and it is a "fast" game for me. I loved it in high school but with everything else going on in my life it went by the wayside for a few years.

When I lived in East Lansing I followed the Spartans.....went to a few games even. When Lindsay started at State I had a renewed interest in "our" team and have been steadfast ever since. So it's been very much a part of my life for some 12 years now! I feel like the players are my second family and I adore Izzo!

The past few years I've been able to immerse myself

in the NCAA tournament with my dear friends the Rices at their place in Key Largo. This year I plan on seeing the first weekend of the tournament w/them again. Then on to spend time with my grandson. In the weeks that lead up to March Madness its GO GREEN, GO WHITE!!!!!!!

2 comments:

wildmary said...

That would have to be #1 if you did a list of 25 things..
I loved watching high school basketball when my kids played. It didn't seem to mean as much when they graduated, but I can see how you get involved when you watch enough to "know" the players.

lindsay said...

Go State! One of my best memories in college was in 2000 when we won the national championship...it was a great day to be in East Lansing!