Sunday, September 9, 2012

Veggies

Yesterday Mark and I went to the local (Rockford) farmers market.  These were my purchases.  The regular zucchini, eggplant, red pepper are all things you've seen before.  The other three maybe not.  The 3 smaller yellows are lemon cukes.  To the right are small and fragrant melons.  We haven't tried those yet.  The light green curled up one is a sicilian cross between zuch and squash.  That I made for dinner tonite.  AWESOME!  I just grilled it with EVVO and herbs with pork chops and we were surprised at how great it was.  This farmer had the  most unusual stuff including melon that smelled like bananas.  3 or 4 really different strains of cucumbers (lemon was one) and some other things I've never seen before.  I am definately going back next week just to visit this booth. :D 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: