Friday, April 22, 2011

Winter Project "Done"!

Last September while visiting our good friends at Lake Huron we found a large piece of aged walnut.  We had it cut down and then my work began.  Sanding with 3 different levels of sandpaper, top and bottom.  Staining top and bottom.  Many, many coats of protective urethane and all with the exception of the face or front of this piece which I wanted natural to better go with the fireplace.  Thankfully I did not mount it myself.
Watching it done was quite fascinating though.  Now my winter  project is done and I'm going to leave what goes on it to Mark since it is his "room".

5 comments:

wildmary said...

It's perfect!

Dave said...

Looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!

Mike Wild said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie Deasy said...

We were just talking about your mantle project and like magic we get to see it! Looks terrific!