Saturday, November 14, 2009

1st time around



My awful flu of 3 weeks ago turned out to not be the flu at all. Turns out my appendix went south on me and ruptured and I've been carrying on with life since.
This past Sunday I had a similarly painful nite and decided this was definately
not the flu. I called the doctor and went in to see him on Wednesay. He ordered
blood work and a CT scan which I had Friday. They admitted me and waited to see
what the surgeon who accepted my case wanted to do. He wanted to put me on megadosage of antibiotics (875) to clear up the infection/inflammation before going in and cutting me and risking sepsis. Thank you very much! Anyway it seems I'll be having this out in the next 10 days sometime and it'll be my first time (other than childbirth) in the hospital. I consider myself lucky!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Sorry to hear you are ill. I hope everything goes well for you and you get well soon...

wildmary said...

I guess I should reading your blog more often!! I didn't know you had appendicitis! I'm sure by now the surgery went well. M