Monday, October 19, 2009

All souls nite


 


One of my favorite memories as a kid was going out on Halloween with my brothers and friends bag in hand to collect our trick or treats. The first order at hand was to get to Flath's house for the carmeled apple because they ran out fast.
I can guarantee you most kids in our neighborhood will remember that part. We'd go for what seemed like hours but in reality it was more like 1 to 2. We'd get home and separate our "take" into various groups for future consumption.
Just as much fun in those days for us was jumping in leaves after raking them into big piles. We'd rake them all up next to the porch and jump off the porch into them. My friend Mary Kay and I would also rake ourselves a "house" by making borders for each room with the leaves. It spanned the whole front or side yard.
Fall holds many fond memories for me over the years and I still enjoy living where there are 4 distinct seasons and love something about each one.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mike Wild said...

ask Mark if he remembers going to Huntington Woods because they gave full size candy bars and big bags of potato chips ?