Monday, May 23, 2011

Not Far From The Tree

I was quite fascinated with pictures my brother Jim unearthed while working on our family tree.  We had the picture of Nora Carr Anzalone (my grandmother) with her sister.  But her parents James and Nora and Nora's father James O'Boyle were the first we've ever seen.  Lots of James and Nora in this family as even James O'Boyle's wife was Hannora.  My Dad is James as is his father and my brother.  I was also amazed at how much Gramma Nora looks like her mother with just a slightly wider face.  They are all just adorable as far as I'm concerned!  I certainly don't wonder where my family gets its short stature (both sides too).  This is my 100 percent Irish arm of which I am one quarter.  James O'Boyle emigrated from Ireland to Ontario where he is pictured in from of his home.  James and Nora Carr ended up in Escanaba.

1 comment:

wildmary said...

Great photos! These are real treasures. Fascinating to see resemblances from past generations.