Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Daddy's Girl

In a novel I'm reading the main character has great relationship with her Dad growing up but loses him at a rather young age. She mentions he calls her his Whirlygirl and how special it always
made her feel. I wonder if fathers know what little things they do make such a big impression on
us, their daughters. My Dad had a name for me too that was mine alone......and long. He called me
Oocher magoocher fellagadoocher and Oocher for short. It always made me feel special. He had a special little place in his heart for me and was always my champion. It's not to say he didn't love
my brothers just as much, as I'm sure he did. But I was his only girl and he always told me that
I was his special birthday present the year I came (3 days after his birthday). I chose to believe him. Relationships with the parent of the opposite sex can be varied and sometimes difficult. For
me it was mostly magical. I was blessed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! What book are you reading by the way? I read it because I recognize "Whirlygirl"...is it Lovely Bones?